It’s that time of year again…come out and enjoy the fun at the Ft. Clatsop District Picnic…and check out the Dutch Oven Cookoff. Check out the rules at the end of this post and load up your Dutch Oven and favorite dessert supplies.
There will be games, fun and food. The District will provide hamburgers and hot dogs with the fixins as well as water. Bring your own favorite potluck side dish.
As in years past, there will be NO SWIMMING allowed at this event. There is also a $5 fee to park at Cullaby Lake.
We look forward to seeing everyone there.
2016 Ft. Clatsop District
DUTCH OVEN COOKOFF
Show off your favorite dessert
FT CLATSOP DISTRICT PICNIC
CULLABY LAKE SOUTH PARK
Cooking Starts at 6:00 pm
Judging at 7:00 pm
Two Divisions Scouts and Scouters
Ft. Clatsop District
Dutch Oven Dessert Cook Off
July 14 2016
Cullaby Lake South Park
Entrants supply your own Dutch Ovens and Utensils
- Entrants supply all charcoal and starting materials.
- Everything must be prepared on site.
- Entrants must be able describe their creation as to how made and with what to the judges.
- Entrants can start bringing in their equipment and set up at 5:30 pm.
- Preparation and starting of charcoals can begin no sooner than 6:00 pm
- Judging at 7:00 pm. All cooking ends and your plated dessert brought to the judging table.
- There will be 2 divisions. Adult Scouters and Scouts
- This is a solo event, no teams or helpers.
- Judges will be judging on:
- There will be a points deducted for Cobblers and Dump Cakes in the Adult Division.
- Head Judge’s decision will be final.
- All cooking must be done in a Dutch Oven on site. No more than 2 Dutch Ovens maybe used.
- Side items such as butters, sauces, jams should not be presented to the judges.
- Good fire safety practices must be maintained.
- Safe food handling practices must be maintained.
QUESTIONS??? Call or Text Victor Kee 503-791-5880