With summer fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about parades. There are several parades on our district in which scouts can participate. Scout units wishing to participate should contact the parade organizers to register. (Those wishing to participate in either of Astoria’s Regatta Parades, please contact Ft. Clatsop District Program Chairman Laurie Kautz at email@example.com as we typically enter as a district).
As with any public appearance scouts should use the following guidelines…
Scout Field Uniform (formerly known as Class A uniform). Shirts should be tucked in to scout pants or neat, clean blue jeans (no camo pants or gym shorts please). Hats, neckerchiefs and tie slides as appropriate for your scout unit. Closed toe shoes and socks.
Scouts should always conduct themselves by the scout law.
Parades do count toward service hours, so make sure your scout unit logs their hours at http://www.myscouting.org
4th of July Parades
- Parade will be held in Warrenton. Full information to follow, check back for updates to this post.
- 11am in Seaside
- Registration forms can be found at http://www.seasidemuseum.org/paradeform.cfm
- 11am in Cannon Beach
- For more information contact The Legion 503-436-2973, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astoria Regatta Parades
- Regatta Kick Off Parade. August 6th at 630pm – no motorized vehicles. Meet at the Astoria U.S. Bank parking lot. Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Crew Members and Sea Scouts needed to carry flags. Other entries always welcome. Free Ice Cream for participants following the parade
- Regatta Grand Land Parade. Saturday, August 9th at 1130am District Cub Scouts welcome to attend as a group. Meet in the Aquatic Center Parking lot. Frozen treats for Scout participants following the parade.