It’s that time of year again…come out and enjoy the fun at the Ft. Clatsop District Picnic…and check out the Dutch Oven Cookoff. Check out the rules at the end of this post and load up your Dutch Oven and favorite dessert supplies.
There will be games, fun and food. The District will provide hamburgers and hot dogs with the fixins as well as water. Bring your own favorite potluck side dish.
As in years past, there will be NO SWIMMING allowed at this event. There is also a $5 fee to park at Cullaby Lake.
We look forward to seeing everyone there.
2016 Ft. Clatsop District
DUTCH OVEN COOKOFF
Show off your favorite dessert
FT CLATSOP DISTRICT PICNIC
CULLABY LAKE SOUTH PARK
Cooking Starts at 6:00 pm
Judging at 7:00 pm
Two Divisions Scouts and Scouters
Ft. Clatsop District
Dutch Oven Dessert Cook Off
July 14 2016
Cullaby Lake South Park
Entrants supply your own Dutch Ovens and Utensils
- Entrants supply all charcoal and starting materials.
- Everything must be prepared on site.
- Entrants must be able describe their creation as to how made and with what to the judges.
- Entrants can start bringing in their equipment and set up at 5:30 pm.
- Preparation and starting of charcoals can begin no sooner than 6:00 pm
- Judging at 7:00 pm. All cooking ends and your plated dessert brought to the judging table.
- There will be 2 divisions. Adult Scouters and Scouts
- This is a solo event, no teams or helpers.
- Judges will be judging on:
- There will be a points deducted for Cobblers and Dump Cakes in the Adult Division.
- Head Judge’s decision will be final.
- All cooking must be done in a Dutch Oven on site. No more than 2 Dutch Ovens maybe used.
- Side items such as butters, sauces, jams should not be presented to the judges.
- Good fire safety practices must be maintained.
- Safe food handling practices must be maintained.
QUESTIONS??? Call or Text Victor Kee 503-791-5880
Ft. Clatsop District’s Ninja Scout will appear on American Ninja Warrior Monday, July 11th at 8pm on NBC in the Los Angeles City Finals.
You can follow Jackson on his Ninja Scout FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/BoyscoutNinja/
Shanon Meehan (cubmaster and scoutmaster in Jewell) will be holding a Celebration of Life for her husband, Robert Meehan.
It will be at her home at 79982 Hyw 103 on July 2nd at 1pm.
Please bring your favorite beverage and a side dish. Shanon is suppling the meat, water, plates, cups and utensils.
Announcing the 2016 Popcorn Civil War. Oregon Duck and Beaver tins of caramel corn will be for sale. Which School will win?
What could you do with an extra $5000.
- Pay for camp?
- Purchase equipment?
- High adventure?
Sign up your unit to take part in the 2016 Popcorn Sale. This Fall you unit can sell enough popcorn to meet all the income needs for
the entire year. Your unit can tailor the sale to meet your needs:Sign up
We are looking for youth, age 14 and older, boys and girls. Great opportunity for service hours for Boy Scouts, service hours toward Pacifica Projects for non scouts.
We are also looking for adult volunteers for our fishing station as well as BB and Archery ranges. Current NRA certification would be a plus, however if you aren’t currently certified BSA range instructor training will be provided.
Camp training and set up will be Saturday June 25th…camp will run June 27-July 1st at Camp Rilea.
To volunteer, please contact the Ft. Clatsop Day Camp On Site coordinator, John Doran at 302-270-3834…or Ft. Clatsop District Program Chairman Laurie Good Kautz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download and fill out the Camp Staff Application athttps://www.cpcbsa.org/files/1956/Camp-Staff-Application as well as parts A and B of the medical form at https://www.cpcbsa.org/files/1928/Medical-Form (as this is a DAY camp and less than 72 consectutive hours, the doctors portion is not needed).
We hope you will all join us Thursday evening at 630pm -District Potluck Dinner at KOA!!
“May 2015 – May 2016” Eagle Scouts honored
District Volunteers and Unit Key Three volunteers recognized
District Award of Merit presented
Guest Speaker Betsy Johnson (her Dad was a Silver Beaver)!!
To Scoutmasters, Committee chairmen and Parents:
I am sending this “plea” to you! John Doran – District Day Camp Onsite Coordinator – needs help with staff for Day Camp.
The Dates are June 25 (set up) and then June 27 – July 1.
I know that 1 troop is going to camp during that time.
This year they will be firm re: age of staff.
The boy/girl needs to be 14 years of age by June 25.
If you have any youth (boys or girls) that could help out will you please have them contact
John Doran – Johnhenrydoran@gmail.com